01 October 2013

My Response to Etsy Allowing Sellers to Use Manufactured Products

On October 1st, Etsy made major changes to their philosophy when they announced that they would allow sellers to work with outside manufacturers (with Etsy’s approval) and would allow sellers to collaborate with others in various locations, to include shipping and fulfillment.

♥ It is important to me that my customers know that Ooh Baby Designs is me.

♥ If my store features a unique fabric, it is because I found it. When a fabric arrives, I am the one that searches yard after yard for mistakes or damage.

♥ I am the one who examines each finished product to make sure it is something that I am proud of, something that I would personally give as a gift to a dear friend or family member.

♥ I am the one who double-checks with frantic brides to be sure they have the monogramming listed correctly on their bridesmaid’s bags.

♥ I am the one who carefully packages every item to make sure it arrives at the correct address, on time, and in perfect condition.

♥ I spend countless hours designing and making items that I think are cute, functional, trendy, and stylish. I do this because I absolutely love to create things, and it feeds my soul.

♥ But it also feeds my family. This is my business, existing entirely within my home, run solely by me, with occasional help from my husband who edits listings and fixes my sewing machines and a 7 year old that helps to clean up my shop when he needs a few extra bucks.

♥ I maintain a business license for Ooh Baby! LLC, in Virginia. My business is legitimate, above-board, and I pay thousands of dollars in taxes every year to keep this wonderful country of ours moving forward.

♥ Ooh Baby Designs is me. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment