26 August 2013

Why I Work So Hard...

IMG_8856 
What is commonly known as a “red-neck feeder log”

I won’t kid you, there are some days (okay, many days) this summer where I see my kids long enough to throw some lukewarm chicken nuggets their way and make sure they brush before bed. That’s about it. Being a one-woman on-line store is tough business, it’s definitely more than just a full-time job.  However, all the hard work and long hours make it possible to have a few things that we have been dreaming about for quite some time.

Recently we managed to purchase a little slice of heaven on the Cacapon River.  (Cacapon means “healing waters”, and man do I need them).  I have vowed that we will go one week-end a month and completely unplug, not that we would have much choice since we can’t even get cell service.  So far we are two for two, and I thought I’d share a few photos of our trip this past week-end.
IMG_8849 
Behold, the river.
IMG_8854 
The two main reasons for everything I do.
IMG_8850 
I know what you’re thinking, but really it’s not as luxurious as it looks.
IMG_8859 
Here’s the on suite. Don’t be jealous.
IMG_8861 
Eat in kitchen is conveniently located…well…wherever we want!
IMG_8868 
Organic, free range fish.
IMG_8852 
Unique decor
IMG_8855 
Central heat with cup holders.

IMG_8871 
Hip, retro design.
IMG_8860 
Wait! did I show you the on suite?
IMG_8864 
Ahhhh….and a little slice of heaven all our own :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment